ISLAMABAD: Speakers during all parties Kashmir conference organized by All Parties Hurriyat Conference in Islamabad expressed serious concern over India’s plan to change the demographic composition of Jammu and Kashmir.
The Conference titled “Kashmir Dispute: Challenges to Kashmir Demography and Threat from Ideological Hindu Forces of India,” was organized by Islamic Political Party Jammu and Kashmir, a constituent of Hurriyet Conference Jammu and Kashmir, at Kashmir House.
Former DG ISI Lt. Gen (retd) Hameed Gul while addressing the conference said movements have been started in Azad Kashmir against Pakistan. He said the base camp of freedom movement of Kashmiris is not playing due role, adding that even movements against Pakistan in AJK are present. He said slogans are raised against Pakistan and army in Azad Kashmir.
After the address of Hameed Gul, Prime Minister AJK Chaudhry Abdul Majeed while addressing the participants of conference rejected the information of Hameed Gul. He said no person is present in AJK against state and Pakistan. He said Kashmiris want to meet with Pakistan, adding that Hameed Gul has issued improper statement.
He said PTI Chairman Imran Khan had refused to meet Kashmiri leader while saying he has not time for meeting them, adding that PTI leaders should revisit their Kashmir policy.
President AJK Sardar Yaqoob Khan said that the Kashmiris have rendered hundreds and thousands of sacrifices for securing freedom from India, adding that the struggle of Kashmiris will continue till the achievement of goal of freedom.
Those who addressed the event included AJK President, Sardar Muhammad Yaqoob Khan, AJK Prime Minister, Chaudhry Abdul Majeed, Leader of the House in Senate Raja Muhammad Zafarul Haq, Federal Minister for Climate Change Senator Mushahidullah Khan, MNA, Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad, MNA, Ali Mohammad Khan, MNA, Abdul Waseem, Amir JI AJK Abdur Rashid Turabi, Shah Ghulam Qadir, Mian Muhammad Aslam, Lt Gen (R) Hamid Gul, Ghulam Mohammad Safi, Abdul Hameed Lone, Muzaffar Hussain Shah, Seikh Tajammul-ul-Islam, Hassan-ul-Bana, Syed Abdullah Gilani, Muhammad Shafi Dar and journalists, Talat Hussain and Mehtab Khan. The function was moderated by Syed Saleem Gilani.
The other speakers while expressing serious concern over the anti-Kashmiri designs of BJP-RSS said that Indian government was hatching a conspiracy to change the demography of occupied Kashmir in violation of international law.
They reiterated to continue their political, moral and diplomatic support to the people of Kashmir till the settlement of the Kashmir dispute.
Following resolution was passed during the conference:
- The world community is well aware of the disputed legacy of Jammu and Kashmir. The dispute is awaiting solution before the United Nations since 01.01.1948. The people of Jammu and Kashmir are eagerly looking for a free, fair and impartial plebiscite under the UN auspices so that they are able to decide their destiny by themselves.
- The people of Jammu and Kashmir essentially want to live in peace with honour and dignity. In this context they welcome the dialogue process between Pakistan and India.
- The United Nations, United States, the United Kingdom, European Union and the world human rights organizations must take into account historical dimension of the Kashmir dispute and the motives behind the sacrifices and sufferings of the people of Kashmir.
- We condemn the BJP government in New Delhi and its collaborators in Indian occupied Kashmir for their designs to:
- Tarnish the identity of Kashmiris and the Muslim character of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Continuously violate the human rights of the people of Kashmir to intimidate them into submission.
- Setup separate townships for Pandits and create state within a state in Kashmir Valley on the Israeli pattern.
- Undermine the Kashmiris’ freedom struggle by creating a new stakeholder in the form of Pandits.
- Settle non Kashmiris including West Pakistan migrants in Jammu and Kashmir with an aim to change its demography.