NANKANA SAHIB: At least five women were burnt to death when fire broke out in their home in a village of Punjab’s Nankana Sahib town on Wednesday (today).
According to details, five women of the same family suffocated to death when the room of the house they were sleeping in was filled with leaking gas at Tehsil Shahkot of Nankana Saheb,
Police said that the family of Faryad resident of Dala Chanda Singh went to sleep last night leaving the gas burner on causing leakage of gas that filled in the room and suffocated to death, the sleeping wife of Faryad, Zubaida Bibi and Faryad’s four sisters Razia, 18, Nabila, 16, Haleema, 9 and Anum, while Faryad and his son have been admitted into the hospital, where their condition said to be serious.
In a village of Shahkot tehsil of Nankana Sahib area where, according to police and rescue teams, fire broke out in a house and engulfed it within minutes. The family members could not make it to save their lives and fell prey to the flames.
Five women badly burnt and died on the spot whereas a man was rushed to hospital in critical condition. The locals put out the blaze with help of rescue teams and fire fighters.
Rescue officials said gas leakage from a cylinder filled a room and caused fire in the house.