It is finally the time of the year when everyone can be found talking about the much awaited Olympic Games, London 2012. So it’s good to see some of the amazing facts about London 2012.
1. The overall cost of London Olympics is almost 15$ Billion, which is three times more than the estimated cost.
2. According to the rumors, London 2012 may witness the reunion of Spice Girls in the closing ceremony.
3. London is now the only city to host the Olympics for three times. The first two Olympic Games were hosted in 1908 and 1948.
4. London 2012 is expected to have the largest audience. More than 4 billion people will have access to the games.
5. 20,000 media related people will be at the London to cover the Olympic Games.
6. The London Olympic stadium is the lightest stadium of all times.
7. There are two “first timers” for women in this Olympics. Every country participating in the Olympic Games has a female athlete for the first time. And this time, Olympics will feature female boxing as well.
8. London 2012 is the Olympic Games with most Olympic ticket on sale. There are 8.8 million tickets available for the public.
9. This Olympics also owns the world record for the largest and heaviest summer Olympic medals.
10. London 2012 holds the Guinness World Records for:
• Most bird boxes at an Olympic Games
• Most Olympic drug tests
• Most expensive ticket for an Olympic event
• Most expensive logo produced for an Olympic Games