1. Introduction and General Terms
TheNewsTribe.com is constantly updated to bring you the top news stories from around the world. It is produced by dedicated staff in Pakistan, India and UK working with colleagues at THE NEWS TRIBE’s headquarters, and with bureaus worldwide. THENEWSTRBE.COM relies heavily on the news tribe team professionals.
Featuring the latest multimedia technologies, from searchable archives of news features and background information, the site is updated continuously throughout the day.
In order to provide you with the full range of THE NEWS TRIBE services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- information THE NEWS TRIBE may collect about you;
- THE NEWS TRIBE’s use of information we collect about you;
- whether THE NEWS TRIBE will disclose your details to anyone else;
- when THE NEWS TRIBE may use your details to contact you;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
As framed above, The News Tribe (TNT) is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information.
Our website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their separate privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them for further details. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. What information will THE NEWS TRIBE collect about you?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from THE NEWS TRIBE, such as My Tribe- section dedicated for TNT’s users, newsletters, competitions, magazine subscriptions, readers’ offers, live chats, message boards, surveys or online registration we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different services or WebPages may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable THE NEWS TRIBE and its affiliated service to provide you with the services you select.
Please note that sometimes on particular services (e.g. chat forums) you may be asked to provide or you may volunteer additional personal information and sometimes sensitive personal information (e.g. your political opinions, religious beliefs, or health).
We may also use your IP address for some of our website services (see section 4: How will THE NEWS TRIBE use the information they collect about me? and section 12: Cookies Policy below).
3. Will THE NEWS TRIBE share my personal information with anyone else?
Generally, we will only use your information within the THE NEWS TRIBE Group in order to provide the service/product you have requested. We will not pass your information to others for marketing purposes unless you have chosen this option.
We will only disclose your data to third party data processors with your consent or where we need to do so in order to provide a service. Otherwise, we will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 7: Offensive or inappropriate content on THE NEWS TRIBE‘s websites below.
4. How will THE NEWS TRIBE use the information they collect about me?
THE NEWS TRIBE will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for service administration purposes, which means that THE NEWS TRIBE may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in section 5: When will THE NEWS TRIBE contact me? below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- to notify you of changes to our service;
- to contact you about a submission you have made to our website, including any content you provide;
- to personalize or improve the way THE NEWS TRIBE content and advertising is presented to you online:
- THE NEWS TRIBE may collect your IP address (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet) and place cookies (see section 12: Cookies Policy below) for the purpose of improving our sites and enhancing your user experience. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you;
- IP addresses may also be used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use;
- to analyze and improve the services offered by a The News Tribe website, e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience;
See section 12: Cookies Policy below for further details of this activity by THE NEWS TRIBE.
- to manage our competitions and contact the winners;
Where THE NEWS TRIBE proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
5. When will THE NEWS TRIBE contact me?
THE NEWS TRIBE may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that THE NEWS TRIBE can deliver the services to you;
- in relation to any contribution you have made to any THE NEWS TRIBE website or other service;
- where you have opted to receive newsletters or other correspondence;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about THE NEWS TRIBE services (participation is always voluntary);
- to carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and THE NEWS TRIBE; and
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see section 6: Will I be contacted for marketing purposes? below).
Our websites will give you detailed information about how THE NEWS TRIBE will contact you in relation to specific services.
6. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
THE NEWS TRIBE won’t contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you agree to be contacted for these purposes.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content on The News Trine’s websites
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on a THE NEWS TRIBE website, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior, THE NEWS TRIBE may use your personal information to stop such behavior.
Where THE NEWS TRIBE reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of the law (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), THE NEWS TRIBE may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behavior.
8. What if I am a user aged 13 or under?
If you are aged 13 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide personal information to THE NEWS TRIBE. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9. How long will THE NEWS TRIBE keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with THE NEWS TRIBE or THE NEWS TRIBE’s corporate retention schedule. If you wish to cancel your registration with any of THE NEWS TRIBE’s services, you may do so by following the “unsubscribe” instructions on the relevant website. If you change your profile to opt-out of receiving communications, your record may stay on the system so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future.
Where you contribute to a THE NEWS TRIBE service, THE NEWS TRIBE will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
10. Can I find out what personal information THE NEWS TRIBE holds about me?
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information THE NEWS TRIBE holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
12. Cookies Policy
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website or third party service provider used by the website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website or third party service provider to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites or other third party service providers.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of THE NEWS TRIBE features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse your profile when you visit and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example: if on a previous visit to gardenersworld.com you requested the weather report for your area, then the next time you visited our cookie could enable us to recognise your machine and offer you the latest weather for your area without you having to re-enter your details.
13. COMMENT POLICY
The News Tribe encourages you to add comment to our discussions. You may not post any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or other material that would violate the law. Please note that THE NEWS TRIBE makes reasonable efforts to review all comments prior to posting and THE NEWS TRIBE may edit comments for clarity or to keep out questionable or off-topic material. All comments should be relevant to the post and remain respectful of other authors. By submitting your comment, you hereby give THE NEWS TRIBE the right, but not the obligation, to post, air, edit, exhibit, telecast, cablecast, webcast, re-use, publish, reproduce, use, license, print, distribute or otherwise use your comment(s) and accompanying personal identifying information via all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity.
Last updated: 20th December 2010