PESHAWAR: Banned militants’ outfit, Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), political council ‘Shura’ has reportedly finalised 15-point draft consisting their demands to proceed peace dialogues with the federal government, Dawn News reported.
TTP finalised 15 point draft for holding dialogues with Pakistan’s federal government seeking to establish peace in the country, while the proposal is likely to be handed over to Taliban-led committee currently present in Waziristan, reports said.
It should be mentioned that Taliban’s intermediators including Professor Ibrahim from Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) and Maulana Yousuf Ali Shah and Maulana Haseeb who went on behalf of prominent committee member Maulana Sami ul Haq of Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam Sami (JUI-F).
The meeting between intermediators and TTP’s political council is being continued since Saturday (yesterday) under chair of deputy Ameer Sheikh Khalid Haqqani.
According to reports, the TTP’s proposal comprising of 15 points including:
1) Stoppage of United States administered drone attacks in tribal belts.
2) Introduction of Islamic ‘Sharia’ law in the Pakistani courts.
3) Introduction of Islamic system of education in both public and private educational institutions.
4) Release of all Pakistani and foreign Taliban captivated in prison cells.
5) Restoration and remuneration for damage to property during drone attacks.
6) Handing over control of tribal areas to local forces.
7) Withdrawal of Pakistan’s Army from tribal areas and closure of check posts.
8) Removal of all criminal allegations placed over Taliban.
9) Prisoners from both sides to be released.
10) Provision of equal rights to all poor and rich.
11) Appropriate job offers for the families victimised via US drone attack.
12) Closure of interest based economic system.
13) Stoppage of supporting to the US on war on terror.
14) Islamic system to be replaced with the current democratic system.
15) Seizure of all relations with the United States (US).