But both the tech giants do not miss any opportunity to effectively use each others’ platforms to promote the related apps and products.
Recently Google has updated its Google+ app on iTune of Apple, the official store for free and paid apps of the Cupertino-based firm. This would be the version 4.3.1 of the Google+ app.
A free to download app can be used in all Apple devices including iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPad Mini and other old devices. It is likely that update could be a move to cater the needs of upcoming devices from iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 and iPad 5.
The features, according to the official description, of the updated app is as follow:
- New iPad-optimized layout brings your stream to life
- Share photos directly to Events for all your friends to enjoy
- Video chat with up to 9 friends with mobile Hangouts
- Turn on Instant Upload to sync photos from your phone to a private Google+ album
- Chat with a friend or all your friends at once with Messenger from your phone
- Check out the What’s Hot stream to see popular posts
- View the Nearby stream to see what people near your location are saying
- See vibrant, high-resolution images on Retina display devices
Apple is likely to launch its next device, iPhone 5S, in June and iPhone 6 somewhere in September. So it seems Google is also getting things in order to catch all the perks even with the sales of its rival.