London: Amid the rumours about operating system that highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy S4 will have, the South Korean firms has proved that it has not forget Galaxy S2 consumers by pushing Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update to the GT-I9100G (Galaxy S2).
The Galaxy S2 is the best-selling Android device of 2011 and has a very large user base that’s why Samsung keeps on updating this device with all the new Android versions as they want to provide the Galaxy S2 users with their best support experience, Sammobile reports.
The blog says that the consumer could face difficulties while updating their device to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean as the update is rolling out in phases.
In the history of software updates, the new Jelly Bean update by Samsung to the Galaxy S2 is by far the most major update given to a smartphone yet.
Some of the Enhancements in the new Jelly Bean Update:
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Full User Interface Revamp (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- Samsung’s S Cloud services
- Improved Camera features
- New Lockscreen With Many Customization Options
- New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets (From Galaxy S III)
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
- Google Now
Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100G) can be updated through Samsung KIES or via OTA. Make sure you fully charge your device’s battery before upgrading as the update is quite big.