HEC announces 6000 scholarships in Pakistan

Islamabad: The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has decided to award 6000 scholarships to needy students from different parts of Pakistan under HEC merit and needs-based scholarship program during the next three years.

This was apprised by Advisor Human Resource Development Higher Education Commission HEC Prof. Dr. Riaz Hussain Qureshi through a video conferencing session with the participants of 7th Training of Trainers TOT workshop on “Effective Test Item Construction Techniques” being jointly organized by Higher Education Commission (HEC) , National Testing Service Pakistan (NTS) and Inter University Consortium for Promotion of Social Sciences Pakistan( IUCPSS) at Shah Abdul Latif University Khairpur for the faculty members belonging to Sindh. Prof. Dr. Parveen Shah Vice Chancellor Shah Abdul Latif University Khairpur was also present on the occasion.

He said that these scholarships would be awarded to talented but financially constrained students especially those from rural areas so as to ensure greater equity in enrollment at different public sector higher education institutions HEIs throughout the country. The needs based scholarships are focused on providing opportunities for access to higher education especially to under privileged students belonging to remote and far flung areas of the country who despite possessing academic merit, are unable to finance their education. Under this new initiative, special emphasis is given to the students belonging to Balochistan, FATA, interior Sindh and Southern Punjab to support higher education of maximum number of academically qualified needy students from the very poor segments of the country. These scholarships would be awarded through Financial Aid Offices at the universities in a transparent and well defined mechanism.

He also informed that HEC indigenous and foreign scholarships are being awarded as per federal government quota policy. He urged the participants of the workshop to disseminate this information and guide the prospective candidates from Sindh province in this regard. He also emphasized them to avail the benefit of various HEC initiatives.

Speaking on the occasion, Prof. Dr. Parveen Shah extended thanks to HEC and NTS for selecting Shah Abdul Latif University Khairpur for organizing such a useful academic activity. She also lauded the contribution of HEC for bringing about positive and revolutionary changes in higher educational sector of Pakistan especially at the universities situated in far flung and rural areas of the country. She also assured her cooperation in this regard.

PinIt

58 thoughts on “HEC announces 6000 scholarships in Pakistan

1. Asim

i m from peshawar, and studing in u.e.t peshawar(mardan campus). i apply for university scholarship but waha pe mera name nai ata scholarship k liye.. plzzz help me that how to apply to HEC scholarship ?

2. kashi gill

My Name is Abdul kareem I,m from International Islamic University Islamabad .I,m now in 6th semester in Bs biotechnology .I,m handicapped any scholorship for handicapped students in higher education

3. isbah

I am from lahore, I want to get scholarship for engineering,please guide me how can i apply for it? [email protected]

4. imama

i am a 2nd year bds student of CMH lahore medical colege.i got 963/1050 in matric and 923/1100 in fsc and in bds ist professional i got 499/700 which is 71%.in order to continue my studies without a burden to my parents i need the scholorship.we are 5 siblings living with our parents and grandparents while my father is the only one who is the bread n butter earner..kindly tell me how to apply for the scholorship

5. Faiza Lovequeen

plz tell me about international scholarships, i want to M.Phil and Phd study abroad in Accounting & [email protected]
    this my email address

6. seemab riffat

i am the student of uet lahore, its is my second semester, i have less marks in F.SC but now i am hard working student in my class and show excellent result, i belong to middleclass family, i have 5 brothers and sisters.i need this scholar ship.now todays its become very difficult for me to fullfill the need of higher eduation.can you help me?i hope you will help hard working student like me.

7. Ayesha_ak Sohail

aoa. my name is ayesha. i want to study in punjab university but have sever financial constraints.. please tell me how can i apply fo the scholarship. thankyou

8. Ayesha_ak Sohail

AOA . my namwe is ayesha. i want to study at punjd university.. but have sever financial constraints . please tell me how can i apply for it.. thankyou .

9. Umar Hayat

Umar Hayat from PIEAS, Islamabab.
    How can I apply for the scholarship?
    [email protected]

10. Umar Hayat

Dear sir, i am Umar Hayat; syudent of BS mechanical engineering. i really need scholarship, it is very very difficult for my father to manage.  my email is
    umarpieas@gmail:disqus .com

11. Dhanakfatima

i have recently completed my masters in english literature  from BZU, multan. i got distinction in it as well. i want to study further. kindly guide me and tell me the procedure. regards

12. Aliraza7778

hi i’am umair my full name Ali Raza i’m from university of punjab of fsd tel me how to get scohlership and how to continnue my study

13. Laiba Khan7

i m maria from university of sargodha and i realy need scholarship to continue my studies because my father  income is too short please please tell me hoe i can apply for this scholarship plzzzzzzzzz…

• Tauheedkhan4363

contact on this nambr 03446138067
      then i further send detail of new scholarships   i am muhammad tauheed from jhelum and i am the university of haripur student in mamagement sciences 0

14. Sajadmagsi786

hi my name is sajad i m from district dadu sindh i completed graduation in commerce……i severly need scholarship to continue my study….plz tel me how can i apply??

15. Sanaullah

i am sanaullah from dera ghazi khan ,i has done FSc from dera ghazi khan,i need scholarship to continue my study.Please give me scholarship.
    mobile#03336494013
    Email    [email protected]

16. farukh

salam
    farrukh .. muhammad farrukh shaikh
    my qualification is fsc (pre engineering)  i have passed it from my backyard area of balochistan, so now i need scholarship from H.E.C . contact me on my Email adress
    [email protected]

17. Sikandarhussain37192

Assalam-O-Alikum!
    Dear sir! I have done BBA Hons in 2011 and now MBA 1.5 year recently,now I need schloarship for PH.Dfrom HEC. So how can I get it?

18. Ayshamasood07

a.o.a.i m aysha from bwp. i have done my m.Phil in chemistry, now i need scholarship for phd from hec. how i can get it?

19. Ashimalik33

my name is ayesha i’m from university of the punjab…i severely need scholarship to continue my studies…plz tell me how i can apply????

20. Bhatti8592

i am also an applicant for HEC scholorship…i am in tention please tell me that i will be select or not?
    i am umar daraz
    bs mathematics
    university of sargodha
    …..thanks

21. Azharayub38

azhar ayub     ibelong to  fata ihave great nead for this sholarship but how can i apply for
    this shollarship   I read in QAU Isb.i have alot probem of money
    contt no 03038587797

22. Maadhussain

how can i apply for this scholarship? I belong to floodaffected nowshera, kpk, I have a single parent to support my studies, Iam studyng in NUML ,mba

23. Sadia_razaq

how can i apply for this scholarship????i belong to a rural area…….i need it for my further studies….my academic record is so good.

24. MIAN ZUBAIR

I WANT TO APPLY FOR THIS , I HAVE COMPLETED MY MS. ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE FROM UK, SO CAN U TELL ME PROCEDURE FOR APPLY TO THIS….

25. Mahparariaz

sir i m a bs(hons)commerce student of 7th semester i have 83% plz give me any scholrship i need it a lot to continue my studies in [email protected]

26. zewarkhan

zewarkhan says                                                                                                                                                         sir i want a phd scholarship in sociology plz how i can apply plz help me 03469286809

27. sharjeel ahmed sayar

i recently admitted in n.e.d. university at undergraduate level.i need a scholorship. kindly guide me for that.

28. 111as

plz tell me how to apply for it bcz i need it badly as im an orphan n my mother cant afford my dues so plz im engineering student basically from lahore

29. Vishalmandhan11

I’m belonging to interior sindh and studying in karachi for BSCS computing my father is unable to pay the fee,,, so i applied for need base scholarship but i got 25% which is not enough,,, plz tell me how to apply for this scholarship..

30. Pingback: HEC announces 6000 scholarships in Pakistan

31. Mohib ullah

thanx for scholarship announcement . but plz tell me how to apply for this scholarship. i am studying in UET LAHORE .and basically belongs to balochistan