HEC announces 6000 scholarships in Pakistan

Print Friendly and PDF

Islamabad: The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has decided to award 6000 scholarships to needy students from different parts of Pakistan under HEC merit and needs-based scholarship program during the next three years.

This was apprised by Advisor Human Resource Development Higher Education Commission HEC Prof. Dr. Riaz Hussain Qureshi through a video conferencing session with the participants of 7th Training of Trainers TOT workshop on “Effective Test Item Construction Techniques” being jointly organized by Higher Education Commission (HEC) , National Testing Service Pakistan (NTS) and Inter University Consortium for Promotion of Social Sciences Pakistan( IUCPSS) at Shah Abdul Latif University Khairpur for the faculty members belonging to Sindh. Prof. Dr. Parveen Shah Vice Chancellor Shah Abdul Latif University Khairpur was also present on the occasion.

He said that these scholarships would be awarded to talented but financially constrained students especially those from rural areas so as to ensure greater equity in enrollment at different public sector higher education institutions HEIs throughout the country. The needs based scholarships are focused on providing opportunities for access to higher education especially to under privileged students belonging to remote and far flung areas of the country who despite possessing academic merit, are unable to finance their education. Under this new initiative, special emphasis is given to the students belonging to Balochistan, FATA, interior Sindh and Southern Punjab to support higher education of maximum number of academically qualified needy students from the very poor segments of the country. These scholarships would be awarded through Financial Aid Offices at the universities in a transparent and well defined mechanism.

He also informed that HEC indigenous and foreign scholarships are being awarded as per federal government quota policy. He urged the participants of the workshop to disseminate this information and guide the prospective candidates from Sindh province in this regard. He also emphasized them to avail the benefit of various HEC initiatives.

Speaking on the occasion, Prof. Dr. Parveen Shah extended thanks to HEC and NTS for selecting Shah Abdul Latif University Khairpur for organizing such a useful academic activity. She also lauded the contribution of HEC for bringing about positive and revolutionary changes in higher educational sector of Pakistan especially at the universities situated in far flung and rural areas of the country. She also assured her cooperation in this regard.

Study the smarter way
HEC role in degrees’ verification closed forever
HEC to confer 63 Best University Teacher Awards
HEC-French scholarships for IoBM
HEC to organise workshops for vice chancellors from Islamic World
Federal Minister Education & IT lauds contribution of HEC for development of country
Executive Director HEC calls on President IIUI Dr. Al-Draiweesh
IHC deadline works: PM appoints HEC chairman at last

58 Responses to " HEC announces 6000 scholarships in Pakistan "

1. Ayeshy Angel says:

i need scholarship for b.ba recent

2. Asim says:

i m from peshawar, and studing in u.e.t peshawar(mardan campus). i apply for university scholarship but waha pe mera name nai ata scholarship k liye.. plzzz help me that how to apply to HEC scholarship ?

3. kashi gill says:

My Name is Abdul kareem I,m from International Islamic University Islamabad .I,m now in 6th semester in Bs biotechnology .I,m handicapped any scholorship for handicapped students in higher education

4. imama says:

i am a 2nd year bds student of CMH lahore medical colege.i got 963/1050 in matric and 923/1100 in fsc and in bds ist professional i got 499/700 which is 71%.in order to continue my studies without a burden to my parents i need the scholorship.we are 5 siblings living with our parents and grandparents while my father is the only one who is the bread n butter earner..kindly tell me how to apply for the scholorship

5. zias says:

wanted a scholer ship for my studies how can i apply from larkana?

6. seemab riffat says:

i am the student of uet lahore, its is my second semester, i have less marks in F.SC but now i am hard working student in my class and show excellent result, i belong to middleclass family, i have 5 brothers and sisters.i need this scholar ship.now todays its become very difficult for me to fullfill the need of higher eduation.can you help me?i hope you will help hard working student like me.

7. Dr Aminjan says:

Sir how could i get need base scholarship for my PhD studies. My NTS score is 70.

8. Ayesha_ak Sohail says:

aoa. my name is ayesha. i want to study in punjab university but have sever financial constraints.. please tell me how can i apply fo the scholarship. thankyou

9. Ayesha_ak Sohail says:

AOA . my namwe is ayesha. i want to study at punjd university.. but have sever financial constraints . please tell me how can i apply for it.. thankyou .

10. Pakizapari53 says:

i hv nevr gt any scholarship nd i need plz gv me plzzzzzz

11. Umar Hayat says:

Dear sir, i am Umar Hayat; syudent of BS mechanical engineering. i really need scholarship, it is very very difficult for my father to manage.  my email is
    umarpieas@gmail:disqus .com

12. Dhanakfatima says:

i have recently completed my masters in english literature  from BZU, multan. i got distinction in it as well. i want to study further. kindly guide me and tell me the procedure. regards

13. Aliraza7778 says:

hi i’am umair my full name Ali Raza i’m from university of punjab of fsd tel me how to get scohlership and how to continnue my study

14. Laiba Khan7 says:

i m maria from university of sargodha and i realy need scholarship to continue my studies because my father  income is too short please please tell me hoe i can apply for this scholarship plzzzzzzzzz…

• Tauheedkhan4363 says:

contact on this nambr 03446138067
      then i further send detail of new scholarships   i am muhammad tauheed from jhelum and i am the university of haripur student in mamagement sciences 0

15. Afa_king007 says:

i am a disable student of graduation and need scholarship to continue with my studies , how may i apply?

16. Sajadmagsi786 says:

hi my name is sajad i m from district dadu sindh i completed graduation in commerce……i severly need scholarship to continue my study….plz tel me how can i apply??

17. Prinkadembra says:

hello sir i need scholarship 2 continue my study how i can i apply plz tell me

18. Zahidshan says:

im zahid i have done my fsc i need scholarship to continue my study

19. Sikandarhussain37192 says:

Assalam-O-Alikum!
    Dear sir! I have done BBA Hons in 2011 and now MBA 1.5 year recently,now I need schloarship for PH.Dfrom HEC. So how can I get it?

20. Ayshamasood07 says:

a.o.a.i m aysha from bwp. i have done my m.Phil in chemistry, now i need scholarship for phd from hec. how i can get it?

21. Ashimalik33 says:

my name is ayesha i’m from university of the punjab…i severely need scholarship to continue my studies…plz tell me how i can apply????

22. Bhatti8592 says:

how much students will be select from university of sargodha?

23. Bhatti8592 says:

i am also an applicant for HEC scholorship…i am in tention please tell me that i will be select or not?
    i am umar daraz
    bs mathematics
    university of sargodha
    …..thanks

24. Bhatti8592 says:

Please tell me..when the list of members which are select send in uni?

25. Azharayub38 says:

azhar ayub     ibelong to  fata ihave great nead for this sholarship but how can i apply for
    this shollarship   I read in QAU Isb.i have alot probem of money
    contt no 03038587797

26. Ejaz hussain says:

when and how can i apply

27. lachman says:

how can i apply plz teel me

28. Wlaeed Abbasi21 says:

how can i apply 4 this scholarship?????

29. Maadhussain says:

how can i apply for this scholarship? I belong to floodaffected nowshera, kpk, I have a single parent to support my studies, Iam studyng in NUML ,mba

30. Sadia_razaq says:

how can i apply for this scholarship????i belong to a rural area…….i need it for my further studies….my academic record is so good.

31. Umar says:

how can i apply for this scholarship????

32. MIAN ZUBAIR says:

I WANT TO APPLY FOR THIS , I HAVE COMPLETED MY MS. ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE FROM UK, SO CAN U TELL ME PROCEDURE FOR APPLY TO THIS….

33. Iram Noreen says:

how can i apply 4 this scholarship?rep

34. ANUMTARIQ33 says:

kindly sir tell me how can i applay ?

35. zewarkhan says:

zewarkhan says                                                                                                                                                         sir i want a phd scholarship in sociology plz how i can apply plz help me 03469286809

36. sharjeel ahmed sayar says:

i recently admitted in n.e.d. university at undergraduate level.i need a scholorship. kindly guide me for that.

37. Naresh Kumar says:

Sir i need Scholarship 4 Masters/ms so plz help me that how can i apply??

38. Naresh Kumar says:

Sir i need Scholar 4 Masterss/MS so plz tell me how i can apply?? Plz help me…

39. Fahad Ali says:

plz tell me about it
    how to apply it…..?
    i have need it………………?

40. Fahad Ali says:

plz plz tell me that how to apply for it ………….plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

41. 111as says:

plz tell me how to apply for it bcz i need it badly as im an orphan n my mother cant afford my dues so plz im engineering student basically from lahore

42. Vishalmandhan11 says:

I’m belonging to interior sindh and studying in karachi for BSCS computing my father is unable to pay the fee,,, so i applied for need base scholarship but i got 25% which is not enough,,, plz tell me how to apply for this scholarship..

43. [...] in far flung and rural areas of the country. She also assured her cooperation in this regard. HEC announces 6000 scholarships in Pakistan | The News Tribe Reply With [...]

44. Mohib ullah says:

thanx for scholarship announcement . but plz tell me how to apply for this scholarship. i am studying in UET LAHORE .and basically belongs to balochistan