Here are some interesting facts of English Premier League:
- Founded in 1888, it is the oldest such competition in world football. It was the top level football league in England from its foundation in the 19th century until 1992.
- The English Premiership Championship cup was designed by the Royal Jewelers, of Asprey from London, which weighs about twenty five kilos, it is seventy six centimeters tall, it is forty three centimeters wide and is about twenty five in twenty five centimeters deep.
- The first tournament of the premiership league was played on the fifteenth of August in the year 1992. On the first day of the league, nine matches were played.
- The club which skirted relegation during the seasons 1992-1993, was Oldham Athletic.
- The first live premier match was played at the City Ground Stadium. The man who scored the only goal was Teddy Sheringham. He was the top scorer of the championship. The first goal in the history of the Premier League was scored by Brian Deane for Sheffield United.
- Since 1995 it has had 72 clubs evenly divided into three divisions, which are known as The Championship, League One, and League Two.
- Alan Sherer is the highest goal taker in the English Premier League. David James has played the highest number of matches in the English Premier League. During the season 2005-2006, Cristiano Ronaldo scored his thousandth goal, for the team Manchester United.