Only seven days are remaining in the London Olympics 2012. And it is a good time to share seven interesting facts about Olympics.
1. The first ever opening ceremony was celebrated in London Olympic Game held in 1908.
2. First ever games to be aired on television was the Berlin games in 1936.
3. Women were allowed to take part in the Olympic Games after 1900.
4. The five rings of the Olympic flag represent five continents.
5. The last gold medal, completely made of gold, was awarded in 1912.
6. Spyros Samaras composed the Olympic Hymn which is played when the Olympic flag is raised.
7. The first Olympic flame appeared in the Olympic Games 1928.