Samsung Galaxy S3: Solutions for microphone malfunctions

Print Friendly and PDF

London: I wrote few main problems of Samsung Galaxy S3 in my previous blog few days ago, which were based on users experience and frequent complaints on different forums.

The big issue has seemed to crop up amongst many device owners following launch— a microphone malfunction which causes users to be unable to hear the person on the other end of the line.

Anyhow, I have given a possible solution for the microphone problem the blog earlier that according to Fix Ya, updating the firmware or restoring the S3 to the default factory settings should be a solution to the microphone problem in Samsung Galaxy S3.

To make the readers easier here are the step by step solutions to fix the microphone malfunctions:

Restart the phone

1.            If the issue persists, connect to a Wi-Fi network to update the firmware

2.            Click “Settings”

3.            Click “About Device” and then enter “Software Update”

4.            If an update is available, tap “Update”

5.            If updating the firmware does not solve the issue, it’s time to restore to factory settings.

6.            Do the following:

7.            Back up your device’s data on your computer

8.            Click “Settings”

9.            Click “Back Up and Reset”

10.          Click “Factory Data Reset” and then “Reset Device”

11.          Click on “Erase Everything”.

Your phone will be wiped and the microphone malfunctions will stop.

Samsung now focuses towards OLED display technology
Samsung Galaxy S III likely to be updated to Android Jelly Bean
Samsung to pay $1.05bn to Apple over patent infringement
Samsung Galaxy S3 latest software update fixes Exynos security exploit
Consumer Reports proclaims Samsung Galaxy SIV the best smartphone
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 specs leaked
Samsung’s first ever Tizen smartphone delayed
Samsung Galaxy S5 specs and details leak, could debut at Feb 24 event

17 Responses to " Samsung Galaxy S3: Solutions for microphone malfunctions "

1. si says:

Clean the pin hole on bottom part of the phone with a needle don’t be afraid to do damage. It worked for me they can hear me lips and clear now.

2. Lokeydalogic says:

Take a needle and clean the “pin hole” mic

3. jackie says:

Has anyone managed to find a solution to this problem yet as I am having the same problem.

4. Sharshads404 says:

i have samsug s3 but this mobile not working mic and speker any solution

5. Kathyhamel says:

Clean out the tiny hole carefully with a needle.

6. i says:

I had the mic fail in a brand new phone – reset didn’t work – I returned it.  It’s poorly designed and poorly built.  There’s also a lot of chatter online about the SIII having worse reception that all of it’s competitors.  iPhones are high quality and work every time – so I switched.

7. Dave says:

Hi I had this problem and It was due to blockage in the microphone pinhole, this blocks very easily and if you use the recording app you will see large difference in voice amplitude pre and post cleaning

8. gfj25 says:

well aparently everyone has the same problem with the galaxy s 3… the store change my phone 3 times but i still have problems…

9. [...] was common in all those emails and comments that most of the users are facing microphone problem [solutions]. var addthis_config = [...]

10. Sreenath73 says:

Hi, even I have the microphone problem with my s3. I did all you suggested but nothing works. People on the other side keep complaining that they cannot hear me properly.

• Raileanurazvan1 says:

I have the same problem. I tried to clean the mic, put off the noise reduction. The people I call still don’t hear me well. What can I do?

11. Asghar says:

go in option during call & off the option noise cancelation u will be fell difference

12. Kmsajid says:

I have recently bought a S3, but it is giving me troubles as the caller on the other end complaints that they are not able to hear me well.  I have done a factory reset, that also not solved the problem.  Pls. let me know what can be done…

• Sld says:

i also have this problem peple complaining they cannot here me very well eveidently you have to do a factory re-set but after your comment i have decided not to maybe teh siftware update has fixed the problem