Addressing a press conference on Saturday in Quetta, he said that no state institution had a confirmed report regarding the number of missing persons.
He said that number of missing persons is 440 in the country while 44 people were recovered during the last three months by the efforts of the commission.
“For the past decade, authorities have been unable to compile the complete details of those on the list of missing persons,” Iqbal said.
Justice Iqbal, however, said according to commission total number of missing persons stood at 460, including 18 from Islamabad, 117 from Punjab, 174 from Sindh 170 from Khyber Pakhtunkhw, 57 from Balochistan while 12 each from Azad Kashmir and Federally Administered Areas (FATA).
He said 44 bodies of missing persons were found in Balochistan.
He claimed that those foreign intelligence agencies were involved in the issue of missing persons.
The inquiry commission’s chief further said that the list also contained the names of those living abroad and also those who have been involved in terrorism-related cases.
Iqbal said that the chief minister of Balochistan had sent a list of 945 ‘missing’ persons to the commission. Iqbal moreover said that complete details of even 45 persons on the list had not been made available.
“We sent the list back to the ministry for correction but it never came back,” he added.
He further claimed that there was concrete evidence regarding the involvement of foreign agencies in the country.
The commission’s chief said that in the past week 12 people who had been missing were recovered from Balochistan. He claimed that some of the missing persons were in Afghanistan but they could not be recovered because they were in US-controlled territory.
Iqbal said the federal government had taken the missing persons’ issue seriously but trust on the state’s institutions was imperative in order to resolve it.