According to reports, 17 children sustained severe burn injuries and were being provided treatment. Sources said that the children were rescued, vandalizing the glasses of the emergency ward.
The sources said the fire erupted due to electric short-circuit. DCO Lahor said a total of 18 children of age group between 10-day to 1 year were kept in the ward.
Media reports said no precautionary measures were taken to in case of any emergency such as fire.
Provincial health department had barred Services Hospital administration from issuing statements to media.