A senior Pakistani military official told Associated Press on Tuesday that the force was temporarily pulling back some of its troops from the centers.
The official said on condition of anonymity that the troops were returning for several days of “consultation” to determine how to improve coordination with Nato forces in Afghanistan after coalition airstrikes last month killed 24 Pakistani soldiers.
Pakistan is pulling its troops out of at least two of the three centers meant to coordinate military activity across the Afghan border in apparent retaliation for Nato airstrikes that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers, US military officials told the agency on condition of anonymity.
The move will hamper US efforts to liaise with Pakistani forces, increasing the risk that something could go wrong again, said the officials late Monday. They spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.
Pakistan blocked the Nato supply routes after the Nato’s attack on Pakistani check-posts in Mohmand Agency on Nov. 26.